- To direct and lead a team of credit approvers in assessing, evaluating, and reviewing Credit proposals as appropriate.
- Complete ownership of assigned portfolio of accounts including regular monitoring, early warning identifications, deferral tracking and working on appropriate account strategy in conjunction with Business and Credit teams in line with the banks risk appetite
- To manage the work load of the teams and provide guidance on above. Timely intervention in case of escalations and proactively ensure that these are addressed.
Appraisal of Proposal
- Review of credit proposals (CAMs/ Interim CAMS) along with Credit Approvers and assess the risk involved comprehensively.
- To convey a clear opinion regarding the feasibility of the proposed transaction/ proposed facilities, from risk point of view, covering business model, industry risk, structure, financial risk in case of escalations or exercising of approval authority or while guiding the team.
- Awareness of the product proposed and suitability to the client needs.
- Maintaining Complete / accurate CAM's / Coverage and Intensity of Diligence & Adherence to Credit Policy and extant regulatory guidelines
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio including tracking developments in the industry and the account to identify stresses early and work with business and risk teams in devising appropriate mitigation strategies wherever required. Advanced detection before SMA / Rating downgrade / default
- Focused house keeping review with credit approvers and Business & other stakeholders as appropriate for resolution.
- Based on reviews of the portfolio/ market intelligence ,recommend policy or process changes.
- To identify and closely monitor accounts which are in stress, in order to devise and implement account strategy
- Appropriate level of client calling to develop strong understanding of client business and industry dynamics
- Maintaining the defined credit and End to End TATs so as to better service both internal as well as external customers.
- Load balancing the team to meet above points
- Thinking, evolving and making significant changes in the processes, techniques, methods so as to save time, energy and money.
- Any other assignments depending on the needs of the organization
- Demonstrating leadership in championing projects as required
- To interact with Unit Heads/Regional Heads pro-actively to have a smooth process for exchange of views and continuing dialogue. Help them assess the main risks and propose mitigants, at the deal initiation stage.
- Engaging with Credit Administration ( operations team ), Legal, Audit, Compliance, IT and other stakeholders as appropriate for all credit processes
Supervisory / Leadership responsibilities
- Ensure the teams are adequately staffed and trained on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as a thought leader and a focal point for escalations / managing concerns that may arise.
- Mentor and guide the teams when there is ambiguity / gaps in various credit processes.
- Softer issues which arise from time to time in handling teams
Qualification : MBA/CA/FRM/CFA
- Strong Team Handling and leadership skills
- Technical & analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills.
- Expert knowledge in analyzing financial statements.
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
- Understanding of accounting principles and Regulatory Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of competition & current trends in financial Industry and market intelligence.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Role Category:Corporate Banking
Role:Credit Manager-Corporate Banking
Desired Candidate Profile
RiverForest Connections Private Limited
Contact Company:RiverForest Connections Private Limited